Animal Park Volunteering, Pyrenees, France
Come and join us as a volunteer in France at our camel park in the High Pyrenees. We've been hosting volunteer helpers for over 7 years and are always happy to welcome enthusiastic volunteers to assist us with a number of important and worthwhile projects.
Animal Park Volunteering - Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: 30 hours + a week
What’s included? Free accommodation and all meals included
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, internal transportation & volunteering travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available.
We REALLY can only take you if you enjoy animals as there are lots of them including camels, llamas, alpaca, mini sheep (and currently lambs), mini goats, mini pigs, cats, ducks, geese and dogs. Also, please note as we are a farm, it can be muddy. We are looking for cheerful, energetic, outgoing and friendly volunteers willing to help out with some of the following roles.
- Landscaper / gardener with experience of working with wood for building and landscaping projects, who is keen to help us create some fun new projects.
- An animal lover who is keen to learn about growing vegetable, to help muck out animals, pitch in with farm jobs and to work on our permaculture vegetable patch.
Hours & Roster
- Ideally we need you to help for 5 - 6 hours a day 6 days a week.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available.
Sleeping: Volunteer helpers stay in the cottage attached to our home. Accommodation in the summer is in "the loft" attached to the cottage. Alternatively when we run out of space, we have a good tent. You have use of all of the household amenities including Wi-Fi, washing machine, dishwasher and bathrooms.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: All meals included. It is expected that you take an active part in meal time preparations and assist in normal household things like loading the dishwasher.
Transport: We live in a 6 bedroomed farm house an hour north of the Pyrenees. We're 1 hour 20 from the ski resorts, 1 hour 30 from Biarritz and the coast, and 2 hours from Toulouse.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- No gender preference.
- Single travelers or two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- Please note we cannot take families, couples or children.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- As a precaution: we ask to also see a copy of your passport on arrival, I hope you understand and respect this, it's because our helpers do live as part of the family and we need to ensure ourselves that we have taken every measure to ensure everyone’s security, including our other helpers.
- Bicycle use: We have a bike available for our guests to ride, we’re not superbly remote, but we're a good 5 minutes bike ride from a bar and a local shop. Our local village is about 1km away.
- Profile photos: Used by kind permission of James Higginson, see www.survivefrance.com.
Paul & Sarah
We’re an English couple who moved to France with our sons in 2006, where we run a camel farm and animal park. In exchange for your volunteer help, we offer you a bed, good food, great wine and heaps of fun. You must share a love of animals.
Êtes-vous prêts pour une expérience unique? Il y a une activité interactive chaque 30 minutes tous les après-midi pour divertir toute la famille!Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay Pending
Positions Available Pending
Available DatesNot currently available, listing awaiting update from host