Backpacker Hostel Volunteer, Golan Heights, Israel
I am looking for a few volunteers to help in the running of our new hostel and to enjoy the wonderful area where we are situated.
We require volunteers who are responsible, helpful, hard-working, respectful and patient with good communication and English language skills. We had volunteers helping us with the building work, from Mexico, the US, Germany, Italy, Macedonia (amazing girl who stayed 3 months), and at the moment we have a guy from Brazil. Until now, we were looking for volunteers to help with the building of the hostel (physical work) and we now need help running it.
The hostel is located in the heart of the second biggest national reserve in the Golan Heights - The Odem Forest Reserve - an enchanted oak forest. Located in a small village, up on the Odem Mountain, it is surrounded with all possible shades of green (nature) and red (volcanic). It includes many hiking trails, springs, streams and the Jordan River.
- Housekeeping – Room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing and kitchen cleaning.
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Showing guests around and running the store.
- Reception duties - answering phone, email enquiries and reservation management.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Hours & Roster
- Volunteers will work in shifts of 6 hours, 5 days a week. Usually it will be only 2-3 hours of work in every shift and most of the time it’s just being at the hostel and creating a good vibe.
- Volunteers can make their rota and choose their free days.
- Stay length 4 weeks minimum, 12 weeks maximum.
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a dorm room especially assigned to volunteer helpers in the Hostel - a 4 bed room (2 Extra Large bunk beds). There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: Breakfast is included free. Other food purchases and meals are your own responsibility. The hostel has full kitchen facilities where you can prepare your own meals and purchase products from
the hostel grocery store.
Transport: From Ben Gurion airport take a bus to Tel Aviv Central Station. From Tel Aviv Central Station take bus number 845 to Kiryat Shmona (a city not far from the hostel). This bus line operates from 6:30 AM to 19:00 PM and it takes 3:30 hours. Make sure to inform us about the bus you are on (departure time) and we will wait for you when you get off at the last stop - Kiryat Shmona Central Station. If you land on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning you should mention it to us. We can supply further details on confirmation of stay
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 4 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- We are open to accepting couples and families as helpers too.
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Pets accepted– please mention in advance.
- Parking available.
- Lounge and TV room.
- Other Perks: Volunteer helpers receive reduced prices for products in the store including beer & wine. We also run a special rewards programme for a job well done. In addition, you will get free time to travel around Israel and we can help with free stays at other hostels in Israel.
- Sightseeing: The area is exceptionally beautiful and loaded with everything nature can offer - enchanted forest, springs and streams, waterfalls, hiking trails, wild life and much more. Volunteer helpers can join any of the guided tours for free (only cost to you is the entrance fees to parks).
- Language Skills: I speak English all the time which is a great opportunity to improve your English language skills. There is also an opportunity to practice your Hebrew and Arabic language skills within the local community.
- Hospitality Skills: You will gain first hand hospitality experience in the workings and running of a busy hostel.
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 4 weeks +
Positions Available 4
Available DatesAsk me