Beach Hostel Volunteering, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Volunteer in Costa Rica and get free accommodation and all benefits guests have, including communal bicycles, purified drinking water and coffee/tea every morning. Our volunteer program helps you enjoy Santa Teresa from a unique perspective.
Beach Hostel Volunteering - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation and all benefits guests have including communal bicycles, purified drinking water and coffee/tea every morning.
What’s Not Included? Meals, flights, Internal transport, travel insurance and pocket money
Selection process: Message about your relevant experience, why you’d like to work with us, and the dates you would be available
- Please mention any specific skills you might have to contribute with our hostel operation, we might be able to tailor a job for you.
- What we ask for in exchange is 30 hours a week with a day off, managed through rotating 5 hour shifts from 8am to 11pm.
- Tasks to include all the usual duties associated with the day to day running of a hostel. Expect to be cleaning, cooking, tidying, entertaining etc.
Hours & Roster
- 30 hours a week.
- Preferably 2 weeks+.
Sleeping: We offer two types of accommodation for volunteers depending on the season.
- High Season Volunteer Programme runs from December 1st to April 30th. Volunteers coming between these dates will sleep in a tent in our fruit garden with mattress and linens provided by us.
- Mid & Low Season Volunteer Programme runs from 1 May to November 30th. Volunteers sleep in a shared dormitory of 4 beds - ideally with other volunteers but could also be with guests.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Onsite laundry facilities also.
Eating: Meals are the volunteers own cost and responsibility but they are free to use our hostel kitchen facilities.
- By Bus – there is a direct bus from San Jose that leaves from San Carlos Bus Station. Bus schedule may change but usually leaves at 6am and 2 pm, every day.
- By Car - Driving from the San Jose Airport to Puntarenas takes approx. 2 hours. In Puntarenas you board the car ferry to Paquera (40 minutes ride) across the Golf of Nicoya. From Paquera it takes about 1 hour to Mal Pais - Santa Teresa.
- By Shuttle – we can help to arrange direct transportation from San Jose (airport) to Kokua and back.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- You must be 18 or over.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends & couples are welcomed.
- Internet available.
We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated volunteers with strong interpersonal skills to assist with the hostel's daily duties, but most importantly to engage with the guests and provide an excellent sociable experience. A basic understanding of Spanish is a must and being able to organize on and off site activities is a big plus.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesAsk us