Community Development Volunteer, Vietnam, Asia
We have ongoing need for volunteers that are open-minded, patient and willing to get stuck in and help make a difference. We are a Vietnam based non-profit organisation and for the past 7 years have run a program in Hanoi & the Red River Delta region called “Building Capacity for Disadvantaged Youth".
Community Development Volunteer – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Included free shared accommodation, 3 meals a day & airport pick up. Possible stipend $300/months if stay 6 months +
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about yourself, relevant experience (if any), why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
We believe education is fundamental to human progress, enabling individuals and communities to acquire skills and knowledge essential for improving their quality of life. We require volunteers with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds. Tasks will include:
- Teaching various subjects in English.
- Helping children and youths to develop their English language skills.
- Providing conversational English lessons in local school.
- Broadening children’s knowledge.
- Helping improve education and studying conditions for village children.
- Organising groups and developing programmes.
As a volunteer, you should have some of the following skills and characteristics:
- Fluency in English.
- Previous teaching/coaching experience.
- Bachelor degree in fields of Social Science, Social Work, Social Administration, Social Planning and Development, international relations, public relations, development studies or equivalent.
- Program and project management experience, including program planning and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience in working with a wide variety of people and cultural sensitivity.
- You should be open-minded, patient, willing to accept new things and be prepared to get stuck in.
Hours & Roster
- Approx. 5 hours a day. Weekends are free to explore.
- Minimum stay is 1 week – longer stays are encouraged.
- Volunteers who stay 6 months + receive a stipend of $300 a month.
- We will provide cultural & programme orientation.
- You will receive ongoing support from local volunteers during your stay.
- CV and cover letter. Email message conversation and skype chat before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: All volunteers will live in our shared accommodation house for international volunteers for free.
Linen & Laundry: We provide all linen. There are laundry facilities available on site.
Eating: Three local meals per day are provided for free
Transport: We will meet, greet and pick you up from Hanoi airport. Transportation to the service centre is through public bus but if volunteers are interested in owning a bicycle or motorbike, we can assist you with this.
Amenities & Preferences
- Up to 10 volunteers at a time.
- 18 + age.
- Singles and couples are welcome.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Weekends are free to explore.
We are a non-government, non-profit organisation in Vietnam with a mission to build global community events through local environmental and community services. Join us as a volunteer.Sign up
Response Rate 50%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 1 Week +
Positions Available 5
Available DatesAsk us