Couch-Surf with Chores, Milan, Italy
I am offering some sleeping space in my flat in exchange for some light house help and friendship. My flat is an ideal solution for those who wish to visit the city or need an overnight stay between flights or trains.
My little flat is located in the centre of Milan, 5 min walk from Central Station and within a couple of blocks from the stations of all 3 metro lines, buses and trams. All city attractions are reachable in less than 15 min.
I am an Italian from Rome who has recently relocated to Milan. I have extensive travel experience (mostly in Europe) and have studied/worked in different parts of it. I love to connect with people and to get to know their cultures and languages. I am a member of several travel organisations and I believe in the hospitality exchange concept.
- Housekeeping – Washing the dishes, bringing down the trash/rubbish, washing the floor and cleaning the windows.
Hours & Roster
- 1 hour a day at most. There's very little work.
- Stay length 1 night minimum, 4 nights maximum. We can discuss if you need to stay longer.
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: I can offer a comfortable 1 person couch located in the same (large 20 sq. metre) room where I also sleep.
Please note that guest helpers will need to enter/exit the flat with me since I only have one set of keys. I have already hosted people and we managed such an arrangement without any problems. On weekdays, I usually leave by 8.30am and return by 7pm. I have more free time at the weekends.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. I have a washing machine on site which you are free to use for your laundry - a few Euros needed for washing powder.
Eating: I can make no promises regarding food but I am always willing to share what's in the flat. There are grocery shops, restaurants, a good ice cream parlour and a food truck within the block.
Transport: I can give directions from the station/bus terminal to the flat or meet you somewhere in the area.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 1 helper at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Smoking allowed only on balcony.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- No Parking available.
- Sightseeing: Milan has great attractions for travellers including the Duomo di Milano, Sforza Castle and the new Financial District. Plus it has some really cool nightlife spots. Also the exhibition centre holds several high profile events throughout the year including design & fashion week, a technology and a motor show. Daytrips to the lakes or other neighbouring cities can easily be arranged.
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 1 day
Positions Available 1
Available DatesAsk me