Dominican Republic Hostel Volunteer, Santo Domingo
Volunteer in Dominican Republic with us. We are looking for volunteers who are happy to muck in with a few different things, help us stay organised and be nice to our guests and to our team. Our guests are generally English speaking but Spanish is useful and other languages would be a plus.
Dominican Republic Hostel Volunteer - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours + a week, 2 days off together
What’s included? Free accommodation and meals included
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, internal transportation & volunteering travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available.
We are looking for cheerful, energetic, outgoing and friendly volunteers willing to help out.
- The role isn’t rocket science, the work’s not crazily demanding and we don’t expect any specific experience. What we do want is someone who is happy to muck in with a few different things, help us stay organised and be nice to our guests and to our team.
- Our guests are generally English speaking but Spanish is useful and other languages would be a plus.
- We have a team of 4-5 volunteers at a time, two owners on site, a security guard, cleaner and three dogs. We all work together to create a safe and clean place where our guests and us get to have a good time.
- Our volunteers work shifts to covering our front desk and bar area. On shift you’ll be expected to check in/check out guests, look after a pretty simple bar, keep an eye on the hostel in general and point guests in the right direction when they need information about the area (See not rocket science).
- From time to time you might be asked to do something else. Help with the cleaning on a day the cleaners not there, muck in with making staff meals or help run a themed night for our guests.
- If you have any particular skills or just things you like, that you want to use we’re always keen to hear about them. So far other volunteers have helped build new beds, designed walking tours, taught salsa dancing and arranged pool parties – just because that’s what they like to do.
Hours & Roster
- You’ll work five shifts a week – morning or evening and have two days off together so you can get away and explore more of the country.
- Preferably 8 weeks +.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available.
- Message us and tell us when you want to come.
Sleeping: You will sleep in our dedicated staff bedroom with its own bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: All meals included. We have a large hostel kitchen that you are welcome to use and create your own meals if you so wish.
Transport: We're based in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo. It’s very easy to get to us, from the main airport. Once agreed stay, message us for more travel details.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 5 helpers at any one time.
- No gender preference.
- Single travelers or two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Language Skills: We would prefer you to know some basic Spanish, however if you are prepared to learn and have a great personality then it is no problem.
- Facilities and what’s about: The hostel comes with an outdoor pool, a huge garden, hammocks, pool table and games machine, TV with Netflix and good internet which keeps our team and our guests happy. We're based in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo which is the first settlement in the Colonial Americas and our building is five minutes away from the first fort, hospital, cathedral and the Christopher Colombus house. We're right in the city near to plenty of bars, great live music events and not far from the big malls for home comforts. We’re only half an hour away on bus to the famous Juan Dolio and Boca Chico beaches, a lot of the team head out there on their day off or even before an afternoon shift.
Chris & Katherine
A chance to live and work in the sun! What more would you want? We offer you food and accommodation in return for your hard work. You will have 2 days off in a row so you can go exploring around the Island. All you need is to pay for you ticket, health insurance and bring some pocket money.
Island Life Backpackers' Hostel is a British/ Dominican owned hostel located in the heart of the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo on the stunning island of Dominican Republic.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 8 Weeks +
Positions Available 5
Available DatesAsk us