Language Academy Helping, Leeds, England
Having spent time volunteering and working in Europe over the past few years, I set up a small language academy in Leeds for adults who are studying English. We have two positions available, in return we can offer free accommodation in Leeds (quite close to the city centre), free Wi-Fi and free meals during the week.
Language Academy Helping - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: Approx. 25 hours a week, 2 days off
What’s included? Accommodation, meals & Wi-Fi
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
We have two positions available (or a mixture of both).
- We're looking for volunteers who are native English speakers, and who would be interested in staying in our house with the students - speaking English with them socially and at meal times, assisting them in their volunteer work, and taking them out on trips to nearby places of interest. If you're interested in seeing the area, it's a great way to do it. You will also need to help cook lunch (it doesn't have to be anything too fancy, don't worry).
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about marketing and advertising to help us increase our online profile and increase student bookings to our language school.
Hours & Roster
- The work is 5 hours per day with two days off per week.
Sleeping: We offer free accommodation in our student house.
Linen & Laundry: Linen provided and there is laundry facilities on site.
Eating: Meals included. Free meals during the week - we cook as a group.
Transport: On confirmation of stay, ask us the best to reach us. The nearest major airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA / EGNM). This airport has international and domestic flights and is 8 miles from the centre of Leeds, United Kingdom.
Amenities & Preferences
- You won't be expected to teach any English lessons, however if you are TEFL qualified there might be some paid work available.
- If you are staying in an area where you think there might be students interested in coming and staying with us - send me a message as we offer a commission for any recommendations.
- Both positions involve living in a big shared house and getting to know lots of people socially and being able to work together with others (lots of people to talk to and different personality types etc.).
Ask me about volunteering with us. Contact me now.
English Steps is a small, independent school based in Leeds, England. We prefer to provide focused, high quality lessons on a 1-1 or small group basis.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesAsk me