Farm Hand, Donegal, Ireland
Volunteer as a farm hand and enjoy a free farm stay. We need someone with a good grasp of English, experience or background in farming, and a willingness to help with all the daily farm chores.
Farm Hand in Ireland - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours per week, 1 day off
What’s included? We provide free accommodation and all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
- Feeding the animals.
- Repairing fences and buildings.
- Organising sheep for lambing season.
- Drainage, cutting brambles, clearing waterways and repairing ditches.
- Turf footing and bagging.
Hours & Roster
- 5 hours a day with 1 day off.
- Stay length 1 month minimum, 2 months maximum. The first week is a trial period.
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will stay in a designated staff room within the house/hostel. The room includes a bunk bed that sleeps two. There is a shared bathroom. As I live in the same house/hostel, we will share the kitchen, lounge and dining area. You will have full access to the house/hostel, and are free to come and go as you choose.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. I have a washing machine which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: All food and meals are included. I am a former trained chef so I usually cook or if you prefer you can prepare your meals yourself. Please note if you have any special dietary requirements, you will need to make your own arrangements.
Transport: Bus from Dublin to Donegal town, approximately 4.5 hours travel time. You can hitch hike or get a local bus to the farm, approximately 40 minutes. I can provide more details on best ways of getting here.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 1 helper at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Pets accommodated.
- Parking available.
- No facilities to accept families as helpers.
- Lounge and TV room.
- Language Skills: I speak English, this is great opportunity to improve your English language skills. As I am located near a designated ‘An Ghaeltacht’ area, there is an opportunity to practice your Irish language skills in the local community.
- Farm skills: You will gain first-hand experience in the workings and running of 30 hectare beef and sheep farm.
- Bicycling: I have a spare bicycle which you are free to use to get about and explore the wider area.
We're a short distance from the highest overhanging sea cliff in Europe, on the west coast of beautiful Ireland. Stay with us and experience the real Ireland.
I run a 30 hectare beef and sheep farm. You'll need to be hardworking and be prepared to work in tough weather conditions.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 15 days
Minimum Stay 1 month +
Positions Available 1
Available DatesAsk me