Filmmakers Without Borders, Asia & Africa
As a Filmmakers Without Borders volunteer, you will share your skills with the next generation of digital storytellers.
Filmmakers Without Borders Quick Facts
What’s included? We cover the total cost of flights, housing and travel insurance and pay participants a basic monthly stipend to cover food for one full year
Upcoming locations & dates: Bangladesh (Aug 2015 – July 2016), Bhutan (Feb 2016 – Jan 2017), Cambodia (Sept 2015 – Aug 2016), India (May 2015 – Apr 2016), Nepal (Aug 2015 – May 2016), Tanzania (Mar 2015 – Dec 2015), Thailand (Nov 2015 – Oct 2016)
As a volunteer, you will teach filmmaking, media literacy and technology skills to underserved students in your chosen location. Students create short film and multimedia projects throughout the year. Volunteer applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a native or native-level English speaker.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Be between the ages of 24 and 54.
- Have a documented interest in working with underserved populations.
- Have at least 2 years of film-related and/or teaching experience.
- Be highly flexible, mature and have a genuine interest in teaching
Hours & Roster
- Successful applicants will teach 16-20 hours a week. Classes comprise of 10-15 students varying in ages from 12 – 18 years old.
Sleeping: We cover the cost of flights and housing for one full year. Participants will be provided with round-trip airfare to their destination city. Participants will live together in homestays, apartments, or houses.
Linen & Laundry: Laundry facilities available.
Eating: All meals are provided (3/day).
Transport: All transport costs are covered for successful applicants.
Amenities & Preferences
- Male and females accepted and welcomed.
- In addition to their teaching schedule, all volunteers shoot and edit two short films and one feature film throughout the year-long placement.
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year support.
It’s our mission to connect experienced, passionate and talented filmmakers/arts educators with youth in under served communities.
Filmmakers Without Borders is a non-profit organisation which promotes the use of media training and intercultural learning opportunities to connect ‘underserved youth’ from lower-income countries with fellow filmmakers.Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay Pending
Positions Available Pending
Available DatesNot currently available, listing awaiting update from host