Gap Year Abroad Ghana, Sogakope, Ghana
Come spend your gap year abroad in Ghana with us. We need volunteers to help our local volunteer teachers in organizing a summer camp for our children. A part from this, we need volunteer help in the day to day running of the school.
Gap Year Abroad Ghana - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, weekends free
What’s the cost? There are no fees or costs. However, we welcome donations towards our project
What’s included? Free accommodation & meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Tell us your areas of interest, skills and education background and what you can do for us.
- We need volunteers to assist our teachers in different classes, working one to one with students of all ages to improve their reading and writing skills. In addition, we also require volunteers to teach French and P.E (Physical Education) if possible.
- Volunteers may also be required to help in other areas such as the kitchen, the office and assisting adult classes in the local community. It is important to state that daily activities are flexible and are dependent upon the volunteer’s capabilities.
- In addition, in the summer months, we need volunteers to help our volunteer teachers to organize a summer camp for the children. Daily activities may include; preparation of games, teaching, forming a rapport with the children and guiding the children during excursions.
Sleeping: We have accommodation in the school premises with a local family. However, we can make arrangements if a volunteer wishes to stay with a family in the community.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own towels & sleeping bag. Laundry services are available locally.
Eating: Volunteers are able to prepare their own food. However, there is also help available from our kitchen staff and our home economics teacher in how to cook traditional African food.
Transport: We can arrange to pick you up from Kotoka Internal Airport in Accra. The school is located on the main Accra-Aflao road about 1 ½ hours drive from Accra. The community is situated at Dabala Junction, soon after crossing the Volta River at Sogakope.
Amenities & Preferences
- We prefer volunteers to be 17 years +. Please check with us if younger. We love to hear from older volunteers too.
- No gender preference, all backgrounds and all nationalities welcome.
- Internet access is available in local village.
- Volunteers have the weekends free for their personal rounds to discover Ghana or the immediate communities.
Nutifafa K Kpogli
I have been a volunteer for about 15 years. Contact me about our project and I will help you make your Ghana volunteer trip happen with us.
With help from family members, I establish the school, Mansa Memorial Institute.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 4
Available DatesAsk us