Gap Year Work Belize, Punta Gorda, Belize
Need gap year work in Belize, why not volunteer with us and help us build our tourism business? We can offer you free accommodation in exchange for marketing help.
Gap Year Work Belize - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 25 hours a week, weekends are free
What’s included? Free accommodation & most meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & travel insurance
Selection process: Tell us your areas of interest, skills and education background and what you can do for us.
We are looking for volunteers who are reliable, dedicated, self-starting and respectful with some experience in marketing, small business development and cultural tourism. We need help with some of the following areas and tasks:
- Improving our website.
- Posting to our FB page.
- Improving our current brochures etc.
- Getting us listed on more websites.
- Encouraging local businesses to send guests to us, sell souvenirs (CDs, DVDs, maracas, drums etc.).
- Helping us run a successful crowd funding campaign.
Sleeping: As a volunteer, you’ll sleep in a small basic wooden room under a traditional thatch with single bed, fan, mosquito net, outside flush toilets, inside shower and one single burner stove.
Linen & Laundry: Linen is supplied. Please bring your own towels. Laundry service available.
Eating: Dinner is provided Mon - Fri or groceries if you prefer to cook. For other meals, we will introduce you to local eateries where you can gets snacks and full meals for $0.50-$3USD.
Transport: We are a 45 minute boat ride from Puerto Barrios and Livingston, Guatemala, or a 6hr bus ride from Belize City.
Amenities & Preferences
- 2 places available.
- We prefer volunteers to be 18 years +.
- Limited Wi-Fi.
- No gender preference, all backgrounds and all nationalities welcome.
- Free drumming lesson for every paying guest you bring to us.
- Free use of a bicycle when we don't need it.
- Waterfalls, chocolate farms, Maya temples, snorkelling, diving, caving and more all nearby.
- Cultural immersion, drumming, dancing and more.
We need marketing volunteers to help us expand our business.
We are small locally owned cultural tourism business offering indigenous Garifuna drumming, drum-making and dancing lessons to locals and visitors.Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay Pending
Positions Available Pending
Available DatesNot currently available, listing awaiting update from host