Guatemala Teaching Placement, Guatemala, Central America
Volunteer in Guatemala with us, you'll need to speak a bit of Spanish, be outgoing & great with kids, know basic computer skills, and be willing to bring a great attitude and a big smile.
Guatemala Teaching Placement - Quick checks
Hours & Roster: Flexible 20 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Meals, flights, health jabs, internal transport & travel insurance with volunteering cover
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available
- Teaching English.
- Help kids find their way around a computer.
- Supervise educational games in English.
- Help kids do research for school etc.
Hours & Roster
- About 20 hours per a week, weekends are free.
- Preferably 2 weeks +.
- Message chat.
- Runs April to December. Contact us with your available dates.
Sleeping: We run a small guest house so you'll get your own room with a bathroom, shared between two rooms only. You get kitchen access where you can store your food in the fridge. Housekeeping comes once or twice a week. The property has a private beach with a deck and hammocks.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: We can discuss meals but we would prefer a volunteer managing their own food requirements.
Transport: We are based in the rural community of Northern Guatemala called San Pedro, by the shores of Lake Petén Itza. Tikal and Flores are both about 40 minutes away. There is a bus from Flores that stops right in front of the house. With a little planning we can pick you up in Flores.
Amenities & Preferences
- 2 placements.
- We would prefer a single male or female, 28-40 years old.
- Internet access available - you can buy a dongle for $2 a day or $15 a monthly 1 GB pass.
- The region of Guatemala is pretty remote so you can expect to live fully like a local, while all other travellers' amenities are just half an hour away in Flores.
- Learn Spanish: We are happy to talk to you in Spanish the whole time so you immerse completely.
We are a small project in rural Guatemala. We are looking for volunteers to teach primary and middle school students English and to supervise computer labs. Expect to live like a local, including speaking lots of Spanish.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 Weeks +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesAsk us