Homestay in New York City, Brooklyn, New York
Be a volunteer in New York with me. I need help to keep my home, apartment and office tidy, clean and also help with some light renovation jobs. My home is located in Brooklyn very near to a Subway station. It’s easy to access and enjoy New York City after you have completed your few hour’s help. We offer a place to stay in exchange your help.
Homestay in New York City - Quick Checks
Places available: 2 placements
Hours & Roster: 28 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, meals, visa, internal transportation & travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, why you’d like to stay with us & the dates you would be available
You will be asked to help with the following tasks:
- Cleaning, washing, hovering, some renovation jobs and tidying.
- You will be required to help with the above tasks in our home, apartment (rented on AirBnB) and office.
Hours & Roster
- We ask you to help 4 hours per day.
- You can help from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. If you choose this option, please do not arrive home after 11:00 pm.
- You can also choose to help from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm as we need people to work the afternoon shift.
- You can work your 4 hours the day you arrive.
- If you want to take a day off, you will need to work in advance 4 hours more first. It’s also possible to work one day (one 8 hour shift) and take another day off.
- If you need to change your plan, please let me know one week in advance as last minute changes are difficult for everyone.
- It’s a good idea to get a US phone number after you arrive. I can offer you a good deal and we can communicate better.
- We will review your jobs and shift hours every week so we can change or improve if necessary.
- Contact us with your available dates.
Sleeping: You will sleep in your own room in my home in New York City.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: You will need to make your own food and eating arrangements. This is your own responsibility and cost.
Transport: My home is located at Boropark, Brooklyn which is very near to the subway station F train.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- Must be 18 or over.
- No gender preference.
- Single travelers or two friends are welcomed and accommodated, while we cannot accommodate couples or families as helpers.
- Magic skills: I am magician so you are welcome to join my magic show or be my assistant, if you love the stage.
I know a lot of New York tourist & secret sites so if you’re an interesting person then you can persuade me to spend valuable time with you. I am magician so you are welcome to join my magic show or be my assistant. I offer a place to stay in exchange for your help in New York City.
Friend me on Facebook. We can chat there too.Sign up
Response Rate 20%
Response Time Within 15 days
Minimum Stay 1 week +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesAsk us