Honduras Teaching Placement, Cofradía Cortes, Honduras
Volunteer in Honduras with us. Thanks to a devoted team of internationally-recruited volunteers and locally recruited Honduran teachers, students at the Cofradia Bilingual School receive more in-depth, expert instruction in all subject areas than would otherwise be available.
Honduras Teaching Placement - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: Our teachers work Monday-Friday from 7:15am-2:10pm
What’s included? Accommodation and meals included
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money, internal transportation & travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
All volunteer-taught classes are conducted in English, so Spanish-language skills are not required. Similarly, prior teaching experience is not required to work at CBS. While experience in education is undoubtedly beneficial, we value more highly motivated, passionate, and hard-working people.
- We are currently recruiting English teachers for Preparatoria (ages 5-6) through 9th Grade (ages 14-15) for the upcoming school year starting in August. English teachers may also teach Math, Science, and Physical Education (all taught in English).
Hours & Roster
- The CBS school year goes from late August to June, with several holiday breaks during that time. Our teachers work Monday-Friday from 7:15am-2:10pm.
Sleeping: Volunteer accommodation is provided free of charge in a shared room in one of our fully-furnished volunteer houses.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: Breakfast and lunch are provided on school days, and basic groceries are purchased for the volunteers for cooking outside of school hours.
Transport: You will need to pay for your flight to and from San Pedro Sula airport and any travel insurance you need. We will provide free transportation to and from the airport.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate 12 volunteer teachers.
- We will accept and accommodate males, females, couples as volunteers.
- We accept volunteers of backgrounds.
- No age preferences, as long as over 16.
- Internet access: We have Wi-Fi access.
- Travel base: Besides teaching amazing children, volunteers will be able to travel around Central America on their own during school holidays.
- Gain life skills: As any of our volunteers can tell you, working in Honduras can be challenging. However, as a result, volunteers form meaningful bonds with their students, each other and the members of the community they serve. They become an integral part of a program that is unwavering in its devotion to its mission and its students. Our volunteers gain life-skills that can help them in the future, and leave CBS with a better understanding of the world around them.
I am this year’s 3rd grade teacher. I’m 24 years old and from Arlington, Virginia. I have always wanted to teach abroad. Ask me about volunteering with us.
Cofradía’s Bilingual School is home to 246 students. It has twelve classrooms, a central field and a stage where we conduct our weekly assemblies. CBS was founded in 2003 with the goal of offering a bilingual education that wasn't previously available in the area.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 11 months
Positions Available 12
Available DatesAugust 2016