Horse Riding on an Estancia, Argentina, South America
We require volunteers with competent horse riding skills, a reasonable command of English and Spanish to ride out with guests on our Estancia.
Horse Riding On An Estancia - Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 30-40 hours a week
What’s included? Free shared accommodation and all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel insurance, pocket money & visa
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
- Horse riding with guests, as a guide.
- Horse care and tack cleaning.
- Handling young horses with a view to training (if you have experience).
- Treatment of ailments.
- Hosting guests at meal times.
- Preparing breakfast, serving meals and cooking for staff.
- Pool cleaning, gardening and some general maintenance such as painting.
Hours & Roster
- 30-40 hours a week. We are relaxed and flexible.
- Min 1 month & max 12 months (3 months or more is preferred).
- Email conversation and application before agreeing stay. Please provide a brief outline of previous riding/service industry experience, why you are interested in the volunteering with us, plus a current CV/resume.
Sleeping: We offer you your own room with bathroom plus wood-burning stove. The room for volunteers is small and if we accept a couple the room will have two bunks beds.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied.
Eating: All meals are included.
Transport: We are 280 kilometres from Buenos Aires. There are a number of bus companies whose buses leave Buenos Aires at all hours to Azul. Azul is about 45 kilometres from our Estancia. In Azul you can get an inexpensive taxi ride to us.
Applicants must be:
- A competent horse rider.
- Have a reasonable command of both English and Spanish.
- Hard working and flexible.
- Independent, resilient and resourceful by nature.
- Sociable and comfortable in all types of company.
- Preferable to have previous experience of the service/tourism industry but not essential.
- We normally only have one volunteer at a time. However, we can accept on occasion couples or two friends.
- Be able to stay with us for at least one month (3 months or more is preferred). Preference is given to those who can stay longer.
We want you to enjoy your time with us. If your passion is horse riding you will have plenty of time to ride out. If you need time to study, rest assured you will have plenty of free time.
Volunteers will be required to act as a go-between with guests and staff when our guests don’t speak Spanish. You will also be asked to attend to guests needs. You will need to have good communication skills and like meeting people. The work can also involve some painting, wood chopping and general maintenance depending on your skills and capability, along with other small jobs such as helping the chef in the kitchen.Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay Pending
Positions Available Pending
Available DatesNot currently available, listing awaiting update from host