Hostel Volunteer Work France, Marseille, France
Have you considered volunteering abroad for free room and board in Europe? We have a great opportunity for you in Marseille, the oldest city in France and one of the wildest cities in Europe.
Our hostel project is managed and run by a team of international volunteers, all who offer their skills and services in exchange for free accommodation. We run an independent, non-profit, self-financed and self-managed hostel. We are located in the centre of Marseille close to the lively and famous Vieux Port area.
Next available dates: Ask us
Stay duration: Minimum 3 months. Preferred stay length is 6 month
Places available: 4 volunteers
Hours & Roster: 20 – 30 hours max a week
What’s included? Free shared dorm accommodation.
What’s Not Included? Food costs, flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
As a volunteer you will be required to help in the following areas:
- Reception duties - answering phone, email enquiries and reservation management.
- Housekeeping – room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing and kitchen cleaning.
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Showing guests around.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Hours & Roster
- 20 – 30 hours a week.
- 3 months minimum, 6 months plus preferred.
- Age 18-30 years old.
- EU residents or person with student’s status or working permit. International tourists with regular visa.
- Ideally suited to foreign travellers or students who want to learn French.
- Must be self-motivated and with good social skills, interested in learning French for several months in Marseille and staying with us at the hostel.
Your application should include
- Your CV including a photo.
- The dates you would expect to stay with us.
- A video recording of the following lines. Please record yourself reading - "Hello Marseille est un jeune projet asociatif basé sur l'expérience de notre équipe après plusieurs années de voyages à travers le monde. Nous voulons vous offrir une auberge agréable et pratique pour profiter de Marseille. Hello Marseille se trouve dans un bel immeuble du 19ème siècle, mêlant charme de la pierre ancienne à la modernité de nos services.”
- Please answer also in the video recording in English or French – 1) What is your name, where do you live 2) What did you study, what do you do in life? 3) What are your plans in the future?
Sleeping: You will sleep for free in a dorm room in the hostel. You may be expected to share with other guests. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: All food purchases and meals are your own responsibility. The hostel has full kitchen facilities where you can prepare your own meals.
Transport: We are located in the very centre of Marseille in the lively and famous Vieux Port area.
Amenities & Preferences
- Age 18-30 years old preferred.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Internet available.
Join our international team of volunteers running our cosy and safe hostel. Volunteer with us for free room and board.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 3 months +
Positions Available 4
Available DatesAsk us