Ice Cream Scooper, Ireland, Europe
Come and enjoy a free volunteer stay in Ireland! In exchange, we ask for help in our ice cream parlour and backpacker hostel.
Ice Cream Scooper in Ireland - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 20 hours per week, flexible
What’s included? Free accommodation and breakfast included
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
- Ice-Cream parlour jobs including floor service, waitressing and serving customers.
- Housekeeping – Room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing and kitchen cleaning.
- Breakfast duties – Preparing continental style breakfast and serving guests.
- General maintenance including painting.
Hours & Roster
- 20 hours a week.
- Stay length 1 week minimum - 2 weeks maximum.
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a dorm room in the hostel. You will be expected to share this dorm with other guests from time to time. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: Breakfast is included as part of the stay. Other food purchases and meals are your own responsibility. The hostel has full kitchen facilities where you can prepare your own meals.
Transport: We are located on Newport Main Street. The nearest rail services may be accessed at Westport railway station approximately 10 km away. There are several trains a day from Dublin Heuston to Westport railway station. You can take a local bus from Westport to Newport.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Female helpers preferred.
- Single travellers or two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- We cannot accommodate couples or families as helpers.
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Parking available.
- Language Skills: We speak English all the time which is a great opportunity to improve your English language skills.
- Hospitality Skills: You will gain first hand hospitality experience in the workings and running of an ice-cream parlour and a tourist hostel, and with an emphasis on customer experience.
- Cycling: Rent a bicycle locally and escape the bustle of urban life on the 42km Great Western Greenway, the longest off-road walking and cycling trail in Ireland. The World Class Great Western Greenway is a traffic free cycling and walking trail which follows the route of the renowned Westport to Achill railway which closed in 1937.
- Horse Riding: My family members keep horses and enjoy horse riding. You are welcome to participate and help with the horses too.
- Water Sports: We are based near a surfing and water sport mecca. If kite surfing, kayaking or wind surfing is your thing, you won’t find a better base in Europe.
I am looking for outgoing and friendly volunteer helpers to assist in our ice-cream parlour and tourist hostel.
We're a 1950's style ice-cream parlor with a wide variety of ice cream as well as milk shakes, soda floats, smoothies and candy. Our hostel is perfect for those travellers needing a bed for the night.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 1 week +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesMay 2016