India Orphanage Volunteering, Andhra Pradesh, India
Does Orphanage Volunteering in India tickle your fancy? Well, if your on a gap year or feel like giving back, we might be the answer. We need volunteers to help in the running of our home and school for street and orphaned children.
India Orphanage Volunteering - Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 15-20 hours a week
What’s the cost? We ask for a donation of USD $10 per a day to cover your accommodation & meals, paid on arrival
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
We need volunteers to share their talents, skills, wisdom, knowledge, abilities and time. Volunteers will help in the following areas:
- Teach English to elementary and high school children.
- Teach basic Maths to elementary children.
- Food preparation and serving food to the children.
- Provide lessons in personal hygiene.
- Teach extra-curricular activities like singing, painting and crafts.
- Teach sport & games like volleyball, football and badminton.
- Encourage children in their education by giving them career guidance.
- Teach computer literacy.
A volunteer day starts around 7.30-8 am, usually awoken to the sound of the rooster, dog, or voices of the children. After a cool bucket shower, you help serve breakfast to the kids. Every meal contains rice and almost every meal includes curry. After breakfast, you begin teaching. You teach from around 9 to around noon. The kids are broken up into five different classes each teaching a different subject.
Hours & Roster
- 15-20 hours a week.
- 2 weeks is minimum stay. Longer stays are preferred.
Sleeping: Accommodation is included.
Linen & Laundry: Volunteers need to bring their own sleeping bag & towels. Local laundry facilities are available.
Eating: Basic meals included, we share all meals.
Transport: Volunteers will arrive at the domestic airport of Vijayawada, which is 30 minutes travelling by car from our campus. Our staff will pick you up at the airport for an agreed fee.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 50 - 100 volunteers at any one time.
- You should be older than 18. We welcome older volunteers too.
- Couples, male and female volunteers accepted.
- Change yourself: By volunteering abroad you will learn so much about yourself and do things that you never imagined you were capable of. You will be changed forever because you will have a greater understanding of another culture. You will challenge your personal limits and you will develop friendships.
- Build your resume: Many employers value volunteers above all else. If you have volunteered on your resume it shows that you are flexible, patient and committed. Many travellers know where they want to go, but don't know what to do once they get there. Volunteering abroad gives your travels a purpose and an itinerary.
- Our website is at mercyandgracecharity.com
I used my salary and savings to build our school & orphanage. We need volunteers to come and help us in our work.
Click on the above image to read a review of 'Mercy and Grace' Orphanage by a volunteer. Visit our site at MercyAndGraceCharity.comSign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Available DatesAsk us