India Volunteer Placement, Kerala, South India
Our India Volunteer Placement welcomes all volunteers, those with and without experience. We strives to create a specific and meaningful role for each volunteer. Everyone who volunteers with us will get the opportunity to experience grass-roots level development work first-hand.
India Volunteer Placement Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, we’re flexible
What’s included? Accommodation, 3 meals a day & airport pickup
What’s the cost? We kindly ask for a donation of €70 for 1 week, €125 for 2 weeks, €180 for 3 weeks or €240 for 1 month. 70 % of the donation goes towards our charity work
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money, internal transportation & travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
We ask for 4-6 hours help per a day, with some of the following tasks.
- Teaching English - Learning to read and write English is generally very important in India. All government jobs require fluency in English and typically interviews are carried out in English too. The quality of English tuition in government schools however, is usually poor unlike private fee-paying schools.
- Construction help - Whenever funds are available, we employ workers to build wells and toilets. If your visit coincides with well/toilet construction then there may be opportunities to assist with labouring.
Hours & Roster
- We ask for 4-6 hours help per a day. We are flexible with days off.
- Preferably 1 week +.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available.
Sleeping: Due to space constraints, we can currently only accommodate seven to ten volunteers at a time. This is in Mr Wilson's home upstairs, which has separate four double rooms and a single room with western-style commode/toilet and shower/bucket/jug facilities for bathing. The house is situated in green, peaceful and scenic location offering excellent views across of the Neyyar Dam Reservoir and the spectacular Western Ghats. One must enjoy this natural beauty especially at sunrise. The family will be happy to have three time meals with you or if you prefer to be on your own, you are welcome to prepare your own meals in separate kitchen upstairs.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: The family will be happy to have three time meals with you or if you prefer to be on your own, you are welcome to prepare your own meals in separate kitchen upstairs.
Transport: We will pick up from airport. We can provide more details on travel, once you have confirmed you are coming.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate 10 volunteer helper.
- No gender preference, all nationalities welcome.
- We will accept and accommodate males, females, couples, families as volunteers.
- No age preferences, as long as over 18. We love to have from older volunteers too.
- We can provide a certification of volunteering, if required, on completion of your stay.
As a volunteer, you will get the opportunity to experience grass-roots level development work first-hand and to live and work in beautiful Kerala, India.
BGM SOCIAL SERVICE CENTRE is a registered charitable trust located in Neyyardam, Trivandrum, South India.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 15 days
Minimum Stay 1 week +
Positions Available 10
Available DatesAsk us