Make Music in Zambia, Kitwe, Zambia, Africa
Come volunteer in Zambia with us. We need volunteers to share their time, talents and skills with our kids. We'd love to hear particularly from volunteers with musical instruments and capabilities to share and play music with our kids.
Make Music in Zambia - Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 18-20 hours a week
What’s included? Accommodation at the foundation
What's the cost? We ask volunteers for a donation of USD $12 per day to cover accommodation and laundry
What we need: We would really appreciate if volunteers could bring with them their unwanted goods and second hand items that they no longer use.
What’s Not Included? Meals, flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money & visa
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
What we need:
We try to help approx. 400 kids, all who need our assistance and help with food and clothing. We can offer you a free stay but we need your help too. We would really appreciate if volunteers could bring with them their unwanted goods and second hand items that they no longer use. We could really do with some of the following items:
- Jumping castles.
- Tents, sleeping bags and school bags.
- Clothes, blankets and shoes.
- Laptops and tablets.
- Cell phones and printers.
- Toys, colouring books, paints and crayons.
- Any musical instrument e.g. Guitar
We need volunteers to assist is some of the following areas:
- Making music and music videos with the kids.
- Assisting in outdoor games and sports with the kids.
- A lot of hanging out with the kids.
- Visiting the poor and spending time with the homeless.
- Sharing your cooking skills and learning to cook traditional dishes.
- Gardening, sweeping and painting.
- Website development – we need a website for our foundation and help promoting it online.
Sleeping: Accommodation is at the foundation. We ask volunteers for a donation of USD $12 per day to cover accommodation and laundry.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own sleeping bag and towels. Laundry included in the above cost.
Eating: All meals are your own responsibility, you can buy food locally. Otherwise, you can eat with your homestay family for the agreed cost of £30 a week.
Transport: We are situated in the city of Kitwe which is approx. 5 hour drive from the capital Lusaka. We can arrange for someone to meet you at Lusaka airport and bring you to Kitwe. You will pay the cost. We can provide more details on confirmation of stay.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- 18 + age preference.
- Single travellers, two friends and couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Wi-Fi available locally.
- Learning: You will learn much about local Zambian life.
- Sightseeing: Zambia is full of national parks and has a diverse range of wildlife, all on your doorstep.
Come volunteer with us in Zambia. Bring your musical instrument and share your tunes with us.
Our organisation works with under privileged kids, orphans and neglected kids in the community. We are a non-profit Christian faith based charity.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesAsk me