Teaching & Cultural Exchange, Hanoi, Vietnam
Do you want experience the real Vietnam as a gap year volunteer? With our volunteering opportunity, you will teach English and experience a unique cultural exchange. You will have loads of free time to explore.
Hanoi Teaching & Cultural Exchange in an Amazing Place - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 5-6 day’s - max of 20 working hours teaching
What’s included? We provide free accommodation, delicious 3 meals per day, free wifi, free laundry, local tourism, pick-up in Hanoi & weekly excursions
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, airport drop off & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
Do you want experience the real Vietnam? With our volunteering opportunity, you will:
- Make a life-changing experience on students' life by enabling them learn English.
- A great chance for you to integrate into local people’s lives and traditions (the real Vietnamese life).
- Gaining more and deeper knowledge about teaching experiences.
- Have lots of meaningful time to meet many amazing people.
- Discovering Vietnamese culture, traditions all whilst sampling traditional Vietnamese foods.
- We look after our volunteers.
- A chance to learn Vietnamese language.
- Friendly, family-like environment.
- Comfort, convenience and happiness.
1. Gaining genuine teaching experience in school setting.
- A GREAT WAY TO GAIN MORE AND DEEPER KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TEACHING EXPERIENCES
- You will put in genuine teaching with us and gaining lots of teaching experience, which is vital if you are looking to teach professionally in the future. Upon completion, we will give you a certificate and letter of recommendation.
- To support volunteers with teaching we have available for some classes: classbooks, teacher's book (very detailed on how to teach), flashcards, media, CDs, game idea and other ideas to make their classes more exciting.
- We are a happy volunteer family with friendly host. So, a new volunteer will be get an incredible help in English teaching from other volunteers.
* ADULT CLASSES: The age of the students; 18 - 35 years old. Making topics for sharing experiences, exchanging language, gaining knowledge and exchanging cultural between volunteers and students. The students are very nice, friendly and eager to learn.
* CHILD CLASSES: The age of the students; 5-13 years old. Teaching them; pronunciation, conversational English, new words and a few of grammar. The children are very nice, enthusiastic and eager to learn; they have some experiences with learning English previously. Assistance will be provided by Vietnamese teaching staff.
2. Teaching at outskirt Hanoi.
We are teaching English to rural children living in the outskirts of Hanoi. We do not only teach them English but also exchange cultures; sharing experiences. This exchange of cultures benefits the rural communities by expanding their horizons and giving them new oppotunities they didn't previously have.
3. Teaching free classes for underprivileged people and Final year students.
- In our volunteer home, we run free classes taught by the volunteers to help unemployed, disadvantaged youths and final year students to improve their English skills. WHY we choose them, not others for free class?
- At most Universities in Vietnam, students learn a lot of English grammar but speaking skills lag behind, especially from English teacher.
- After the students graduated at their University, to get a well paying job as well as some of worker who want to change their current job to get new job with higher salary. Most of them must be good in English conversation.
- We aims to give them a chance to improve their speaking skills to get good job as well as CAREER OPPOTUNITIES in their future.
- The student has 2 lessons per week to learn English with English teacher at our volunteer home and 1 day to practice English through a DAYTRIP with the volunteer.
4. Assisting with job skills workshops at local café.
- A GREAT WAY TO SHARE EXPERIENCE, MAKING A FRIEND, gaining Job skill, cultural exchange and sharing experience between Volunteer and Local people
- Providing vital job skills along side English language training.
- Outside of working at the café, students participate in workshops, team building exercises, watching film and other activities to make them a more attractive candidate to employers.
- Working at the café students gain work experience as well as have the opportunity to meet potential employers or references for future job opportunities.
- This is perfect opportunity if you have any work experiences/skills to share them with the students to improve their chances of getting a job, increasing their change of success, or simply inspiring them.
- Free the first Drinking for volunteer (tea/coffee)
- One time per week.
5. Local tourism and social outing.
- A GREAT WAY TO EXPLORE VIETNAM and participate in cultural exchanges through the Local people, foods and customs experienced on our day trips to local sites. Additonally, volunteers and our English students participate in cultural exchanges, practicing languages together.
- spending time with the students in and outside the classroom.
- 1-2 times per week.
6. Serve unprivileged Hanoi communities
- VCV is rasing a fund to help homeless and underprivilaged people living in Ha Noi, we support them with foods to get through difficult times.
- Volunteers will see many aspects of life in Ha Noi, meet many people in different situations, and learn about their problems.
- 1-2 times per month
Hours & Roster
- 5 - 6 days working week with a maximum of 20 working hours per week teaching. Classes on weekday usually start from 5pm or 6pm to 8pm or 8.30pm. Classes on weekend usually start from 8:30am/9am onwards.
- During the week volunteers have a lot of free time during the day where they can travel, explore and meet with friends. Day trips and city tours will also be scheduled where volunteers, staff and students can spend the day together exploring local areas, food and culture.
Sleeping: Free accommodation available in our designated volunteer house.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own linen, towels and sleeping bag. Laundry facilities will be available.
Eating: We provide free delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Transport: We are based in Hanoi. We can provide pre-departure information advice, in-country assistance and support. We will pick you up, meet and see off by motorbike, bus when teaching, travelling. Support will be given to take volunteers to the bus station when leaving.
Amenities & Preferences
- 5 positions available.
- Age preference 18+. We’d love to hear from older volunteers also.
- We accept both males and females volunteers.
- Internet available locally.
- Volunteer certificate: We provide recommendation letter with stamp on completion of volunteer stay.
- Daytrips everyweek.
- Coffee, Lipton tea, green tea, cacao, cake, fruits, noodles, bread, pasta, ...are available for free.
- A nice apartment for all volunteers with 01 living room + 02 bedrooms with priviate bed and mattress + 02 bathrooms + 01 kitchen room + Balcony with beautiful view.
- Washing machine + air-conditioning per bedroom + hot water machine + bottle water + sofa + television + fridge + wardrobes + microwave.
- Our area is called Ha Noi Modern Center. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN OUR AREA
Join us as a volunteer in Vietnam where you will teach English, share your culture and explore a new country.
We are a social enterprise specializing in education and community development.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 1 month +
Positions Available 5
Available DatesAsk us