NGO Volunteer in India, New Delhi, India
Have you ever considered volunteering in India with an NGO and making a difference in people’s live. Now’s your chance to join our team of volunteers in India and Nepal. You don’t need a particular skills, just bring your inspiration, knowledge and excitement.
NGO Volunteer in India - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 24 hours a week, Sunday’s free
What’s the cost? We ask for 20$ one off registration fee & $10/day to cover your accommodation & food
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & travel insurance
Selection process: Tell us your areas of interest, skills and education background and what you can do for us.
Background & Expectation
- We are dedicated to empowering and educating the local community to provide opportunities for social growth. Our community engagement includes education, women empowerment, spirituality, and nutrition projects.
- We have 12 projects located throughout northern India and Nepal. As a volunteer you will learn about Indian culture, lifestyle, language, traditions, including the problems that India faces today.
- Any volunteer is welcome, although you should be ready to contribute to the project and engage with the community. We hope volunteers will inspire local people and bring new ideas to the commune on ways to better our projects and promote ourselves.
- Volunteering tasks will vary based on which project site you visit. In general, volunteers will spend 4 hours a day working with the local community members on projects such as children/women education and women empowerment projects. We are working to teach valuable skills that can be used for employment.
- We also hope that volunteers will help with promotion of our NGO to future volunteers.
- Our program runs 6 days a week. Volunteers will work four hours a day in the community projects and an hour doing administrative work. Sundays are for relaxing or visiting local sights with Wahoe Commune Charitable Tours.
Sleeping: We offer accommodations for volunteers. When volunteering in our projects in Delhi and Shimla, we ask for $10 a day to cover accommodation with 2 daily meals at our community kitchen. In our projects outside of the cities, volunteers stay with local families.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own towels & sleeping bag. Laundry service available.
Eating: We provide two meals per day.
Transport: When you arrive in New Delhi, we will arrange for an organization team member to meet you at the airport and bring you to our organization headquarters. We can help arrange all of your transport to each of our volunteering sites so you will never feel alone or nervous about traveling.
Amenities & Preferences
- 6 places available.
- We prefer volunteers to be 18 years +. Please check with us if younger. We love to hear from older volunteers too.
- No gender preference, all backgrounds and all nationalities welcome.
- Wi-Fi is available to volunteers, our office in Delhi is located in a central region with access to anything you might need.
- We offer a volunteer orientation program to those who are new to India. During this program you will experience life in India, learn about social norms and family structure, learn Hindi language, and see famous sights around Delhi.
Wahoe Commune is an NGO based in New Delhi, India. We currently have 12 project sites that are open to volunteers in locations in northern India and Nepal.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 1 week +
Positions Available 6
Available DatesAsk us