Outdoor Handyman, Limerick, Ireland
Come join us as an outdoor handyman or handy-woman in Ireland. We need energetic people who can help us on our small farm and garden, improving our airsoft park and maintaining our accommodation buildings.
Outdoor Handyman in Ireland - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s Included? Free accommodation & all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
Our farm is 45 acres outside Limerick city. We would like help in designing and planting a corn & maize patch, developing allotments and pet farm and also helping in the vegetable garden. We have an Airsoft site on the farm. Airsoft guns are replica firearms that are non-lethal and used for playing. The Airsoft site needs some development. We are building a tree house. It will be used for Airsoft battles and as an English classroom during July. We run an English Language School for teenagers from July 1st to mid-August. The student are mainly Spanish and Italian teenagers. The school is situated on the farm.
- Carpentry, plumbing and painting.
- Feeding the animals.
- Maintaining the vegetable garden.
- Housekeeping – cooking, tidying, dish washing and room cleaning.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Web development – we need a website for the farm.
Hours & Roster
- 4-5 hours a day with 2 days at weekend free.
- Stay length 2 weeks minimum, 4 weeks maximum. The first week is a trial period.
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in the student accommodation building which is a separate building situated beside our family home. The sleeping quarters include a mixture of dormitories and room types. It contains 3 en-suite bedrooms with bunk beds and there are 2 dormitories overhead, which provide extra accommodation.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. We have washing machines on site which you are free to use for your laundry.
Eating: All food and meals are included. You will eat all meals with our family. Most of the food is organically produced and cooked on the farm. We can cater for all dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan and other special dietary requirements.
Transport: We are located 5 miles from Limerick city on the Irish West Coast. We can arrange to pick you up at Limerick bus station, train station or from Shannon airport.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 5 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends and couples are all welcomed and accommodated.
- We accept families as helpers, so you can bring your children
- Smoking allowed only outside.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Pets accommodated.
- Parking available.
- Lounge and TV room.
- Language Skills: We speak English all the time which is a great opportunity to improve your English language skills. For the teaching role, a good grasp of English is required.
- Free Tours: You will never be bored. As part of the role, you will get an opportunity to see all the local attractions free.
- Farm and Gardening Skills: You will gain first-hand experience in the workings and running of a busy small farm and garden.
- Cycling: We have 26 bicycles on site. You are free to use them at any time to explore the wider area.
Join us as a volunteer. In exchange, we offer free bed and board & lots of free time.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 5
Available DatesSummer 2016