Photography Trainer Peru, Trujillo, Peru, South America
Do you have a passion for photography and want to work with motivated teenagers in Peru?
Your task as a volunteer is to contribute to the mission of FairMail in guiding underprivileged teenagers in producing qualitative photos and in producing and selling Fairtrade greeting cards worldwide, with as a goal the personal development and income support of these teenagers. As every volunteer has a different background and his/her own way of working, the teenagers keep on getting new inputs, insights and skills.
Stay duration: Minimum stay is 6 weeks
Places available: 2 vacancies
Hours & roster: 20 hours a week
What’s included? Help with finding accommodation and onsite local guidance
What’s Not Included? Flights, accommodation, all meals, travel health insurance & visa
Current Volunteer Vacancies
We have the following volunteer vacancies in Peru, all with a minimum period of 6 weeks:
- Photography & creativity trainer working with 10 Peruvian teenagers.
- Trainer of social ethics & civics, including running personal development workshops for teenagers.
- Graphic designer to help create a calendar, blurb book and/or other new FairMail products.
For all vacancies it’s important that you speak at least intermediate Spanish. Experience in mentioned fields is preferred.
- The schedule depends on the school hours of the teenagers. The average amount of working hours is 20 hours a week. A minimum stay of 6 weeks is required, but more would be even better.
- Spanish speaking (intermediate).
- Flexible and open-minded.
- Interest and some experience with working with teenagers (13-18 years old).
- Able to work independently and structured.
- Creative and flexible in organizing activities.
- Minimum commitment of 6 weeks.
- That you will send us the necessary information we ask for in Spanish (or English if Spanish is really not possible).
Your written application should include:
- Your personal motivation to volunteer with us. Which of the vacancies mentioned suit you and why?
- What your expectations are? Could you describe to us how you imagine a day working for FairMail? Your expectations are important to avoid disappointments later on.
- Your CV or Resume (stating age, education, past work and volunteer experiences).
- Your availability including when exactly do you want to come and for how long do you want to stay?
What we offer you:
- Induction into FairMail and guidance in your tasks by our local manager(s).
- Help in finding cheap housing. In Peru we can offer you affordable and nice lodging at our FairMail office for 550 soles a month (that’s about 5 euro per day, includes internet, gas, electricity and a small outside kitchen). Choosing this you will live 30 steps from the beach and a bonus is that your room is in the back garden of a vegetarian restaurant where you can meet fellow travellers and volunteers. Also, by staying in our office you help FairMail to cover part of the rent costs. Food will cost you about 10 euros a day or less if you cook for yourself.
Amenities & Preferences
- Male, female and couples accepted and welcomed.
- 18 + age preference.
- Internet access.
- Photographer: This is great opportunity to learn and develop your skills as a photographer.
- Working Location: Huanchaco (Where you will be based) is an easy-going fishing and surf village. Nearby is Trujillo which is the 3rd biggest city in Peru.
Peter & Janneke
We run a social enterprise producing fair trade greeting cards with photos taken by underprivileged teenagers. Join us as a volunteer in Peru.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time 10 days
Minimum Stay 6 weeks+
Positions Available 2