School Assistant Kenya, Mombasa, Africa
We need volunteers from abroad to come and join our school assistant Kenya placement. You will join us as a teaching assistant. Our school is run as charity with the help of donations from well-wishers. The school was set up so pupils could access education in a school near their homes.
School Assistant Kenya - Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: 30-40 hours a week
What's the cost? We ask for a donation of $10 per a day to cover your accommodation and full board
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you've read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
- As a volunteer you will be responsible for assisting and supporting our two full time teachers (also volunteers) in all the daily chores and tasks associated with teaching and looking after a group of school kids.
Sleeping: We arrange safe and secure accommodation in a residential area with a host family. Such accommodation will include electricity and modern washing facilities. We ask for a donation of $10 per a day to cover volunteers eating and accommodation costs
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own sheets, sleeping bags and mosquito net. We can help you find local laundry facilities.
Eating: All meals at the school are included free, you will eat with the staff.
Transport: The nearest airport to the school is JOMMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT which is 54.2km or a 50 minute drive away. We can assist with further travel details on confirmation and agreement of stay.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 3 volunteers at any one time.
- You should be 18 or older.
- Couples, male and female volunteers accepted.
- Must be resourceful and able to survive in a rural environment with little western comforts.
- Kenya has an abundance of wildlife. We can help you join a safari in your free time.
I started our Kenyan based charity school in 2012 while pursuing a degree in Development Studies at Mount Kenya University. I need volunteers to help me make it a success.
The objective of the school was to enable the pupils to get access to education near their homes. Previously they used to cover a distance of about 4km and also to brave the scorching sun walking to and from school.Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 3
Available DatesAsk us