Surf Lodge Helper, Achill Island, Ireland
We are now recruiting for 2017 from March until November. We are looking for experience in Hospitality such as kitchen porters, front of house and accommodation. We require volunteer helpers who are generous, friendly, outgoing and confident. You must be customer focused and willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests have a memorable experience.
Surf Lodge Helper in Ireland - Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 24 hours a week
What’s included? You will share free accommodation in our staff mobile home/caravan
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you've read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
- General maintenance of building.
- Cleaning, dish washing and shopping duties.
- Floor service, waitressing and bar tendering.
- Guest greeting and reception duties.
- Surf kit preparation and maintenance.
Sleeping: You will share accommodation with other staff in our mobile homes and caravans, located at the back of the lodge building. These are clean and comfortable.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own linen, sleeping bag and towels. Laundry facilities are available on site.
Eating: Breakfast is included free. Our chef prepares daily meals for guests. These meals are available at a subsided rate of 50%. Each week we make a run to the local market town where we buy all our food supplies. We can cater for all dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan and other special dietary requirements. Every Sunday evening, we have a communal shared meal between all staff where we break bread, chat and have fun.
Transport: Any train to Castlebar railway station upon which we will be happy to help arrange a transfer from the station. Journey time from Castlebar to surf lodge is one hour. Otherwise, you can get a local bus from Castlebar to our gate. We can provide further details.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 4 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers or two friends preferred. We CANNOT accommodate couples.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Surf Equipment: We are based in a surfing and water sport mecca. We encourage you to bring your own surf equipment to try the wonderful surfing conditions in your free time. If you don’t have any, you are welcome to use our surf equipment free of charge, when not in use.
- Bicycle Use: We have a number of bicycles which you are welcome to use and take for a spin around the island. Use of bicycles is free when not rented to other guests. We recommend that you cycle The Great Western Greenway.
- Language Skills: All our business is conducted in English. This is great opportunity to learn and improve your English. Some of us can also speak French.
- Hospitality skills: You will gain first hand hospitality experience in the workings and running of a busy surf lodge.
We’re a big family of passionate water sport enthusiasts who love what we do. We need help with the daily chores of running and maintaining our Surf Lodge.
It is hard not to fall in love with this wonderful place, though you do not have to take our word for it, come and discover it for yourself.Sign up
Response Rate Pending
Response Time Pending
Minimum Stay 4 weeks +
Positions Available 2
Available DatesMar - Nov 2017