Teach, Help Social projects & Enjoy the Colorful Life, Hanoi, Vietnam
Volunteer in Vietnam with us. As a Vietnam Teaching Placement volunteer with us, you will be teaching, making lesson plans, training our staff and welcoming students.
Teach, Help Social projects & Enjoy the Colorful Life in the beautiful parts of Hanoi – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 20 hours a week, sometimes in the weekend
What's the cost? If the volunteer stays less than 4 weeks, we request a small donation ($90 per week) for our social projects
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
Do you want to make an active and sustainable change for yourself and the lovely students who need your meaningful help?
If you want to live a different lifestyle and are ready for action, we offer the chance to be a part of something real, to be useful and to learn a lot. We welcome you to join our team! We are a growing, dynamic and passionate community-based organization, located in the center of Hanoi (4km from Hanoi Old Quarter), and was founded by the team of social workers. We are growing with the support of many wonderful people in Vietnam and around the world.
TYPE OF HELP:
Help with social project
Office work/ House work
Financial transparency, work efficiency, charity and spirituality are our most important principles that help us to ensure the effectiveness and development of our project. We always try to help people of all careers and ages to have a fair chance to access educational services. Education is the key in setting forth the positive changes toward sustainability and regenerating lifestyles that the community desperately need. We are working hard together to create a place where people can come, learn and help together and be of a positive influence.
We welcome kind-hearted volunteers who are caring and willing to offer alternative education including English, give and receive important life lessons. We need your meaningful help in many fields (teaching especially art and science, social work, medical, psychology, social media, marketing, photography...) depending on your preferences and specialization. Sharing your professional skills, the volunteers can contribute greatly to increase our students' possibilities to seize many wonderful opportunities.
- Volunteers who have teaching certificates and commit to join us at least 4 months, we will support you with an allowance of $150 - 200/month (which is more than enough for a living and have fun here) from the second month. Preference to volunteers that stay longer than 4 months
- Free food and accommodation will be provided for the volunteers who stay for 4 weeks and longer. Volunteers are asked to work (20 hours/week, sometimes in the weekend). You need to be handy, self-starting, positive and respectful. Beside that, we provide the monthly bus pass to help the volunteers can travel in and around Hanoi for free.
- If the volunteer stays less than 4 weeks, we request a small donation ($90 per week) for our social projects.
- Teaching English for the community, especially the students who come from the rural areas around Hanoi.
- Provide the medical care...for the homeless and disabled students (autism, slow developing mind...).
- Provide free food for poor workers and patients in the center of Hanoi (planning July 2016)
- Charity tour for tourist to travel in Hanoi with the disabled students (planning July 2016)
• Native or fluent in English, especially from US, UK, Canada, Australia...
• Be able to demonstrate a passion for community development and charity.
• Strong inter-personal skills and experiences in working with a wide variety of people, especially children.
• Bachelor degree and working experiences in fields: social work, teaching, medical, psychology, social media, marketing, photography.
• Teaching/ training experience or a teaching certificate are advantages
Sleeping: Shared bedrooms, AC, Wifi, water heater and a windy balcony
Linen & Laundry: Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: We provide 3 delicious meals a day. Plenty of delicious, fresh and very cheap food options are available only a short walk away.
Transport: From here, you can go everywhere in Hanoi by public bus in a timely manner, which is very inexpensive ($40 cents/ticket) and convenient. Our house is 100 meters from West Lake (biggest and most beautiful lake in Hanoi) among a lot of cultural heritage points and natural landscapes e.g. the ancient pagoda, temples, lakes, rivers, universities, museum and supermarkets, outdoor markets around.
Volunteers will live within the local community and become neighbors of many friendly and hospitable Vietnamese people. Volunteers can join the extra-curricular activities and cultural exchange events with the staff and students, such as day trips, local festivals or playing sports with local people. Or, they can just take a look around and drink a cup of traditional tea and smoke the traditional tobacco with the local people.
Day trips to Hanoi and beautiful surrounding areas for all volunteers and staff can be planned, and are organized by the staff, volunteer, students to experience a new and mesmerizing culture. You will discover and enjoy the dynamic and interesting lifestyle here with the staff, the volunteers and students during your stay.
Volunteers get the ultimate experience of a peaceful, healthy, basic life by living here! In your free time and your days off, you have the opportunity to join extra activities or explore the beautiful land! We hope you will treat this land as if it were yours and find useful and fun things to do here. We would love to welcome volunteers to join us.
Come join our team. Ask me about volunteering with us.
EVS Community Centre is a community-based organisation located in Hanoi. Our aim is to provide quality education and training courses for the students in Hanoi and the provinces around.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 4 weeks +
Positions Available 5
Available DatesAsk us