Volunteer in East Timor, Dili, Timor Leste
As a volunteer in East Timor, you will be motivated and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the underprivileged youth of East Timor. You will provide education through English in IT and life skills.
Volunteer in East Timor Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: 30-40 hours a week, weekends are free
What’s included? Accommodation, & all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
We are looking for motivated and objective individuals who are enthusiastic and willing to make a difference. Training will be provided. After the training period, volunteers will be sent to one of the district centres, where they will work with the manager in-charge to teach and help run the centres. Tasks may include:
- Teaching English.
- Training students in leadership and character skills.
- Assisting in managing the different department in the centres.
- Running of projects.
- Establishing good relationships with the local community.
- Other community service activities.
- Participant in exciting trips and tours.
Hours & Roster
- Volunteers expected to help between 6-8 hours a day or 30-40 hours a week.
- Minimum stay 3 weeks and Maximum stay is 1 year or longer (Flexible).
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a basic dorm style room. You will share with other volunteers. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: Linen is supplied. Please bring your own towels. Laundry service available locally.
Eating: Basic meals will be included. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary requirements.
Transport: The nearest International Airport is Dili. Dili is the capital, largest city, chief port and commercial centre of East Timor.
Amenities & Preferences
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Internet access available in our centre in Dili but we do not have internet connection in the provinces.
We accept people from all walks of life, young and old who are willing to make a difference in the lives of others.Come and join us.
AHHA Education is a non-political, non-religious & non-governmental organisation. We provide learning and social services beyond borders and without prejudice to underserved communities.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 3 weeks+
Positions Available 5
Available DatesAsk us