Volunteer in Togo, Southern Togo, West Africa
Come Volunteer in Togo, Africa with us. We are looking for volunteers to help in our children's day care centres. Prior experience in working with children aged 3-5 is required, as well as basic French knowledge.
Volunteer in Togo - Quick Facts
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, meals (€5 a day), internal transportation & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
We are looking for cheerful, outgoing and friendly volunteers who can help in the following areas.
- Help in our children's day care centres.
- Prior experience in working with children aged 3-5 is essential.
- Must have basic French knowledge. Children speak Ewe, the local language but French is Togo's official language. We are trying to use French in the centres. Furthermore French is essential to interact with the local teacher and the rest of the staff.
- We need creative people, who can teach through games and playing, who like to invent games, acting and have a lot of patience. Volunteers will be responsible for the teaching and playing with about 25-35 children who will be sided by a local woman, helping taking care of the children and translating when needed.
Hours & Roster
- We require 25 - 30 hours help per week but we are flexible.
- Preferably 2 weeks + & 3 months max stay.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available.
- Ongoing need, contact us.
Sleeping: The accommodation a free home stay (African family integration). There is electricity and clean water.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: We are a non-profit charity organisation and don’t charge volunteers but because volunteers tend not to like African food immediately, we ask them to assist us with a contribution of 5 Euros per day to cater for their western food/diet.
Transport: We provide the airport pick up at any time.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 6 volunteers helpers at any one time.
- 18 years +.
- No gender preference, all nationalities welcome.
- Single travelers, couples or two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- Internet is available locally.
- Language Skills: You will improve your French as you will speak it every day.
- Certification: We enable volunteers through motivation, encouragement and support to initiate and implement their own projects or ideas for communities in need. Volunteers will be given certificates/recommendation after volunteer period.
As a non-profit NGO, SADA is continually seeking the support of partners and volunteers worldwide to accomplish its development goals.Sign up
Response Rate 100%
Response Time Within 10 days
Minimum Stay 2 weeks +
Positions Available 6
Available DatesAsk us